During the late 19th century the city of Salisbury was expanding northwards and there was a need for a new church in this area. In 1899 the district chapelry of St. Mark was formed out of the northern part of St. Martin's parish.
Fast forward over 100 years and CPS was approached by Bruno Drag (Vicar) and Charles Dew Jones (Churchwarden) of St. Mark, to supply and install a bespoke demountable staging system with a removable communion rail. The main purpose of this project was to extend the chancel into the nave area of the church to form a warm and welcoming dais.
The stage area had to be carefully designed with tremendous precision to bridge the chancel steps and fit around the pillars of the church. Seven standard Alu Rapid platforms along with eight bespoke ‘special’ platforms were subsequently manufactured and installed by the CPS team.
This was accompanied by two bespoke Alu Rapid ramps, timber steps with oak hardwood nosing and tread with oak veneered risers and oak veneered fascia boards with hardwood nosing to give the stage a quality feel and finish that was aesthetically pleasing and in line with the architecture and fabric of the church.
The main surface area of the stage along with the second step was finished in a Heckmondwike Supacord carpet which fitted perfectly around the electrical socket boxes that were incorporated within the platforms.